Explore categories within this category
- Sports teams, clubs & leagues
- Sporting goods
- Ski resorts
- Fitness clubs & gyms
- Golf courses
- Race courses
Related stories and components
Author: La Presse
« Un aréna au nom de l’environnement pour Jeff Bezos à Seattle » 25 juin 2020...
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Kenya: Local authority says hotels & restaurants among businesses to apply for fresh permits to ensure compliance with Covid-19 prevention measures
Author: Philip Mwakio, Standard Digital (Kenya)
"Hotels, pubs to seek fresh permits"...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
Author: Amnesty International
« Qatar, des travailleurs migrants n'ont pas été payés pendant des mois » 11 juin 2020 ...
- Related stories: Qatar: Amnesty Intl. finds 100 workers subject to labour exploitation on World Cup stadium; incl. co. comments
- Related in-depth areas: Evénements sportifs majeurs
- Related companies: FIFA Qatar Meta Costs
Qatar: Amnesty Intl. finds 100 workers subject to labour exploitation on World Cup stadium; incl. co. comments
Construction workers on Qatar World Cup 2022 Al Bayt stadium have been subject to wage delays of up to 7 months and other exploitative practices, an Amnesty International report reveals....
In March 2020, reports emerged of a spike in cases of Covid-19 among workers in a crowded labour camp outside Doha. The jump in the number of cases was attributed to the cramped, unsanitary living conditions of the labour camps and a lack of sanitation...
Author: Joshua Keating, Slate
"Strongman Medicine: Suspicious Numbers and Brutal Quarantines", 02 Apr 2020...
Qatar World Cup: Annual report on workers' welfare reveals 9 migrant stadium workers died in 2019, bringing total to 34 since construction began
In March 2020, the Qatar Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy published its 5th annual report on worker welfare on projects for the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The report covers the period from February to December 2019. During the reporting period, t...
Author: Joseph Varghese, Gulf Times
"Three more stadiums to be launched this year," 10 Feb 2020 About $30mn will be reimbursed by the contractors this year to those workers who had paid recruitment fee in their home countries... “By 2020, about 83% of our workforce will have their recru...
- Related stories: Qatar: Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy launches Workers' Welfare Standards, initiates internal and external monitoring for 2022 World Cup contracts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Latest news on major sporting events Major sporting events
Author: Omondi Onyatta, The Star (Kenya)
"Kenyans being duped to build stadiums in Qatar - Muhuri," 9 Feb 2020...