Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: Korea Herald
“Airbnb hosts squeezed by COVID-19, angry at refund policies”, 30 March 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Airbnb Uber
Cambodia: Govt. issues an income tax exemptions directive for factories producing textile & garment, footwear and luggage after EC's EBA decision
Author: SoK Chan, Khmer Times
"Government permits tax exemptions on specific goods", 27 March 2020...
- Related stories: Cambodia: EU partially withdraws trade preferences over rights concerns; stakeholders respond
- Related companies: Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia
Author: Maurice Fick, Luxemburger Wort (Luxembourg)
« Sensibiliser les sociétés aux droits de l'homme », 27 février 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: eDreams ODIGEO Ferrero
Cambodia: European Commission decides to partially withdraw Cambodia’s trade preferences affecting selected garment and footwear products, & all travel goods and sugar
Author: European Commission
"Commission decides to partially withdraw Cambodia’s preferential access to the EU market", 12 February 2020...
Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
The new Global Witness report denounces that in 2018, 30 land and environmental defenders were killed in the Philippines, making it the country with the highest number of such killings in the world. Their new investigation shows that mining,...
Author: Global Witness
Violence against land and environmental defenders is a systemic problem, spanning many different regions of the country and many different industries, and the army uses force to silence activism. 52 defenders have been killed extra-judicially in the...
- Related stories: Philippines: Alarming number of fatal attacks against environmental defenders related to agribusiness, mining & logging
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Del Monte Foods Dole Philippines (see Dolefil) Itochu JPMorgan Chase San Miguel Corporation Standard Chartered
Commentary: Alleged rape on MSC Divina ship highlights need for clear understanding of flag State responsibilities at sea
Author: Human Rights at Sea
"Rape at Sea, Flag State jurisdiction and the Search for Justice", 15 April 2019...
Author: Rossalyn Warren, The Guardian
"Hotels at centre of rape allegations promoted on TripAdvisor," 5 March 2019...