- Sector sections (with guidance on supply chain management for specific sectors, e.g. apparel, diamond, electronics)
- News & reports, introductory material
Información en Español - ver abajo
- [PDF] Effective Supply Chain Accountability: Investor Guidance on Implementation of The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act and Beyond"
Author and date: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility, Christian Brothers Investment Services, Calvert Investments, Nov 2011
- Fair Hiring Toolkit
Author and date: Verité, 2011
"This Fair Hiring Toolkit offers tools, guidance, and approaches to support the responsible recruitment and hiring of migrant workers in global supply chains."
- [PDF] OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas
Author and date: OECD, 2011
- [PDF] "Better Jobs in Better Supply Chains" - includes case studies on business initiatives
- Author and date: Oxfam International, Feb 2010
- [PDF] "Project Kaleidoscope: A Collaborative and Dynamic Approach to Code of Conduct Compliance" (in company supply chains)
- Author and date: Project Kaleidoscope Working Group, 2008
- [PDF] Supply Chain Sustainability: A Practical Guide for Continuous Improvement
- Author and date: United Nations Global Compact, Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), Jun 2010
- "Purchasing for People" - training materials on ethical supply chain management
- Author: Impactt Ltd. (funded by UK Dept. for International Development)
- "The Business and its Supply Chain – A Management Alternative"
- Author and date: UN Global Compact Spain, 2009
- [PDF] "La empresa y su cadena de suministro: una alternative de gestión"
- Red Española del Pacto Mundial de Naciones Unidas, 2009
Related stories and components
Author: Harvard Business Review
“Una cadena de suministro más sostenible” – marzo/abril 2020...
- Related stories: Apple releases supply chain report - details findings on child labour & worker illness from n-hexane, remedial steps; pledges greater cooperation with Chinese NGOs
- Related in-depth areas: Implementation within supply chains Supply chain
- Related companies: adidas Apple Dell Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Nike
Author: Anthony Myers, Confectionery News
"European Union calls for level playing field in cocoa supply chains, backed by legislation", 24 October 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Supply chain
Author: Samanth Subramanian, The Guardian
"Is fair trade finished?", 23 July 2019 ...
Author: Lily Kampani, Malawi News Agency
"Africa: ILO Sets Out to Eradicate Child Labour in Africa"...
Author: NewAge Bangladesh
"Alliance announces end of its tenure", 14 December 2018...
Author: Refayet Ullah Mirdha, Daily Star, Bangladesh
"Accord: blessing turns burden?", 28 November 2018...
Author: Jordan Valinsky, CNN
"Microsoft requires contractors to offer paid parental leave," 30 August 2018...
Author: Norton Rose Fulbright and the British Institute for International and Comparative Law
Making sense of managing human rights issues in supply chains: 2018 report and analysis, May 2018....
Businesses join initiative to address forced labour in fruit & wine producing countries in south Africa
Author: Stronger Together (UK)
"Prominent businesses join programme to address forced labour in the fruit and wine producing countries in South Africa"...
Uganda: NGOs accuse LafargeHolcim of neglecting former child labourers in its supply chain; includes company's comments
Bread for all & the Catholic Lenten Fund have accused LafargeHolcim of failing to resolve alleged child labour issues in its subsidiaries in Uganda. The company and its subsidiary, Hima Cement, have denied resorting to the use of child labour in...