Headquarters in USA
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. The supermarkets were assessed on publicly disclosed policies and practices in four key areas: supply chain transparency;...
US: Supermarkets fall short on protecting workers from COVID-19 impacts, despite calls from consumers
"Exposed: How US supermarkets are failing their workers in a global pandemic", 24 June...
Author: Maysa Zorob & Andrea Hearon, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The devastating human rights implications of the global COVID-19 pandemic have been thoroughly documented:Civil society has exposed the failure of many governments to protect their citizens and of many businesses to respect human rights in accordance...
- Related stories: Strategic lawsuits against public participation (SLAPPs) are on the rise, while resistance around the world mounts
- Related in-depth areas: Blogs COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Celebrity Cruises (part of Royal Caribbean Cruises) McDonald's Walmart
Author: Sustainable Japan
- Related in-depth areas: KnowTheChain benchmarks: Addressing forced labour in corporate supply chains
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Applied Materials ASML Holdings BOE Technology Broadcom Canon Cisco Systems Ericsson Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hewlett Packard Enterprise Hitachi Hoya HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Keyence Kyocera Micron Microsoft Murata Manufacturing Nintendo Nokia NVIDIA Corporation Panasonic Qualcomm Samsung SK Hynix Sony Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) Texas Instruments Tokyo Electron Walmart
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains....
Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
Visit our apparel COVID-19 action tracker...
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on relationships with apparel manufacturers & response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is a response from the following companies: Walmart
Author: Thu Thu Aung, Ruma Paul, Poppy McPherson, Reuters, Business Insider (USA)
'All my dreams are shattered': coronavirus crushes Asia’s garment industry, 18 May 2020...